MADISON, Wis. - Customers who ride in Green Cab's all-electric E-Cab will be able to donate to the Dane County Humane Society during week-long fundraiser that starts Wednesday, according to a release.
Green Cab and the DCHS are working together on Ride to Rescue, a fundraiser where all donations from E-Cab riders will go to funding continuing efforts to care for at-risk animals in Dane County, officials said.
The E-Cab, a low-speed motorized vehicle, will be collection donations starting Wednesday and going through Aug. 13.
Seven thousand animals pass through the doors of the DCHS each year, according to the release. DCHS accepts all types of animals, and provides medical care and behavioral enrichment programs when needed.
Passengers riding the E-Cab will be required to make a $1 donation during the fundraiser, officials said. E-Cab is the first of its kind in Madison.
The E-Cab will be at the farmers' market, around the square during lunch hours, and cruising around the isthmus and downtown on the weekends, according to the release.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls