MADISON, Wis. - Customers who ride in Green Cab's all-electric E-Cab will be able to donate to the Dane County Humane Society during week-long fundraiser that starts Wednesday, according to a release.
Green Cab and the DCHS are working together on Ride to Rescue, a fundraiser where all donations from E-Cab riders will go to funding continuing efforts to care for at-risk animals in Dane County, officials said.
The E-Cab, a low-speed motorized vehicle, will be collection donations starting Wednesday and going through Aug. 13.
Seven thousand animals pass through the doors of the DCHS each year, according to the release. DCHS accepts all types of animals, and provides medical care and behavioral enrichment programs when needed.
Passengers riding the E-Cab will be required to make a $1 donation during the fundraiser, officials said. E-Cab is the first of its kind in Madison.
The E-Cab will be at the farmers' market, around the square during lunch hours, and cruising around the isthmus and downtown on the weekends, according to the release.
- Dane County looks into another option for jail renovation
- Attorney says officer 'hung out to dry' in settlement
- Lawmakers, group calling on governor to improve schools' drinking water
- Community reacts to Tony Robinson case settlement
- Capitol Petro shooter to spend 10 years in prison
- Former federal prison employee sentenced for bringing contraband to inmates