MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Union announced the start of a new farmers market on the south end of campus.
According to a release, Union South will host weekly farmers markets from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Thursdays on the north lawn of Union South across from the Wisconsin Institute of Discovery.
Wisconsin Union Dining Services Assistant Director Carl Korz said in the release, "The event provides convenient access for students to local produce and give them an opportunity to meet their local food providers."
Local farmers and providers will be at the market. The Union will also be showcasing some new food.
According to the release, the Union will be selling Bucky's Bacon Bread, made with bacon, carmelized onions and cheddar cheese.
The market runs Sept. 9 to Oct. 24.
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in
- MPD asking for help finding 9-month-old
- Wisconsin retirees to see annuity payment increases