MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Union announced the start of a new farmers market on the south end of campus.
According to a release, Union South will host weekly farmers markets from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Thursdays on the north lawn of Union South across from the Wisconsin Institute of Discovery.
Wisconsin Union Dining Services Assistant Director Carl Korz said in the release, "The event provides convenient access for students to local produce and give them an opportunity to meet their local food providers."
Local farmers and providers will be at the market. The Union will also be showcasing some new food.
According to the release, the Union will be selling Bucky's Bacon Bread, made with bacon, carmelized onions and cheddar cheese.
The market runs Sept. 9 to Oct. 24.
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists