MADISON, Wis. - A new app is designed to help hunters know when to pull the trigger.
The "Sunrise-Sunset" app will tell hunters what time it is legal to shoot a gun based on where they are.
The state Department of Natural Resources Bureau of Law Enforcement developed the new app and tested it with state game wardens before releasing it for Android phones. It is not yet available for iPhones.
The app uses GPS to determine where the user is and what the opening and closing times are for various hunting seasons in that location.
The app can also show opening and closing times for other locations in the state and future dates.
The app costs $0.99 to download.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street