MADISON, Wis. - A new app is designed to help hunters know when to pull the trigger.
The "Sunrise-Sunset" app will tell hunters what time it is legal to shoot a gun based on where they are.
The state Department of Natural Resources Bureau of Law Enforcement developed the new app and tested it with state game wardens before releasing it for Android phones. It is not yet available for iPhones.
The app uses GPS to determine where the user is and what the opening and closing times are for various hunting seasons in that location.
The app can also show opening and closing times for other locations in the state and future dates.
The app costs $0.99 to download.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed