MADISON, Wis. - Mark Neumann has secured the endorsement of the Tea Party Express in Wisconsin's Republican U.S. Senate race.
The endorsement announced Friday is a big one for Neumann, who has based his campaign around the argument that he's the most conservative candidate in the four-way race.
Neumann has also been endorsed by other tea party favorites, including U.S. Sen. Jim DeMint and the anti-tax group Club for Growth.
The Tea Party Express also endorsed Ted Cruz, who upset establishment Republican candidate Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst on Tuesday in Texas.
Neumann is hoping for a similar outcome in the Wisconsin race, where he faces former Gov. Tommy Thompson, state Assembly Speaker Jeff Fitzgerald and businessman Eric Hovde on Aug. 14.
Hovde has been endorsed by the tea party group FreedomWorks.
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water