MADISON, Wis. - Mark Neumann has secured the endorsement of the Tea Party Express in Wisconsin's Republican U.S. Senate race.
The endorsement announced Friday is a big one for Neumann, who has based his campaign around the argument that he's the most conservative candidate in the four-way race.
Neumann has also been endorsed by other tea party favorites, including U.S. Sen. Jim DeMint and the anti-tax group Club for Growth.
The Tea Party Express also endorsed Ted Cruz, who upset establishment Republican candidate Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst on Tuesday in Texas.
Neumann is hoping for a similar outcome in the Wisconsin race, where he faces former Gov. Tommy Thompson, state Assembly Speaker Jeff Fitzgerald and businessman Eric Hovde on Aug. 14.
Hovde has been endorsed by the tea party group FreedomWorks.
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say
- State Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- State dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Madison man claims $50,000 lottery prize
- Consumer Reports: How to ease stress of moving
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field