JANESVILLE, Wis. - City facilities in Janesville will have a total outage of Internet, telephone, emails and business applications for approximately six hours on Monday.
The Information Technology Division plans to update the city network's core switch, which is the central technology for all city facilities, according to a release.
Starting at 8 p.m. on Monday all city facilities, including the city municipal building, water and wastewater facilities, the City Service Center, central fire station, transit and the police services building will experience the outage, officials said. The city of Janesville website will also be down during the outage.
The outage will last approximately six hours, according to the release.
The police and fire departments will be using back-up communication methods with 911 as well as radios and cellphones, officials said. Janesville police said public safety will not be adversely affected.
Transportation services passengers wishing to request night side route deviations during the June 16 outage are asked to call 608-758-1240.
- Madison police recommend charges in fatal Highway 30 crash
- Deputies: Dane County inmate goes AWOL
- Accidental Goodwill donation makes its way back to owner
- Crews sent to 3-car crash on East Washington Avenue
- Car accident on eastbound beltline backs up traffic
- Newly renovated Milton Public Library reopens