GERMANTOWN, Wis. - Neighbors in a small Washington County community were evacuated when a man barricaded himself in a home with more than 20 guns.
A SWAT team surrounded the house Sunday afternoon. The standoff ended five hours later. Authorities say the man took his own life.
WISN-TV says after neighbors returned to their homes, the bomb squad was called because of possible explosives in the home. Police say officers found two replica hand grenades.
- Madison police make arrest in robbery near Overture Center
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer