GERMANTOWN, Wis. - Neighbors in a small Washington County community were evacuated when a man barricaded himself in a home with more than 20 guns.
A SWAT team surrounded the house Sunday afternoon. The standoff ended five hours later. Authorities say the man took his own life.
WISN-TV says after neighbors returned to their homes, the bomb squad was called because of possible explosives in the home. Police say officers found two replica hand grenades.
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads