TOWN OF JEFFERSON, Wis. - Reports of a truck that nearly struck two vehicles early Sunday morning led to a drunken driving arrest, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to State Highway 11 near Lumber Yard Road in the town of Jefferson at 12:48 a.m. for a report of a truck that had almost struck a vehicle head-on. The witness told police the truck left the road, drove into the grass twice and almost hit another vehicle before it pulled over.
After talking to witnesses, deputies found Marc Francis Dierickx, 27, of Monroe on Highway 11 near High School Road in the town of Sylvester.
Dierickx was arrested on suspicion of second-offense operating while intoxicated and cited for operating without proof of insurance, failure to keep a vehicle under control, operating left of center and drinking from open intoxicants as a driver.
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says