CROSS PLAINS, Wis. - A man died Saturday after authorities were called for a reported gas leak, according to a release.
Ralph Runk, 74, of Cross Plains, died in his residence in the 2700 block of Pleasant View Lane around 6 p.m., according to the release.
Preliminary autopsy results indicate Runk died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the release.
Madison Gas & Electric shut off the gas at the single-family home. The company reported the situation was stabilized at around 7:30 p.m.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say