CROSS PLAINS, Wis. - A man died Saturday after authorities were called for a reported gas leak, according to a release.
Ralph Runk, 74, of Cross Plains, died in his residence in the 2700 block of Pleasant View Lane around 6 p.m., according to the release.
Preliminary autopsy results indicate Runk died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the release.
Madison Gas & Electric shut off the gas at the single-family home. The company reported the situation was stabilized at around 7:30 p.m.
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Eau Claire TV station owner sues over duo's on-air prank
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Door County trees chomped by invasive bugs
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash