MADISON, Wis - The name of a bicyclist hit and killed following a collision with a tow truck has been released.
47-year-old Stephen Rader died on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend while riding his bike on Mineral Point Road Friday afternoon.
According to Madison Police, Rader died from the serious injuries that he sustained in that crash.
Rader was taken to UW hospital after being stuck by the truck around 3:50 p.m. at Mineral Point Road and Yellowstone Drive.
The driver of the truck remained at the scene and cooperated with the investigation, according to the incident report. No arrests have been made and no charges have been filed.
Police do not think alcohol or reckless driving were factors. Crash reconstruction crews were at the scene closing traffic lanes for about 3 hours.
- Inmates sue over conditions at Wisconsin youth prison
- Crews put out, monitor insulation fire at construction site, officials say
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown