MADISON, Wis - The name of a bicyclist hit and killed following a collision with a tow truck has been released.
47-year-old Stephen Rader died on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend while riding his bike on Mineral Point Road Friday afternoon.
According to Madison Police, Rader died from the serious injuries that he sustained in that crash.
Rader was taken to UW hospital after being stuck by the truck around 3:50 p.m. at Mineral Point Road and Yellowstone Drive.
The driver of the truck remained at the scene and cooperated with the investigation, according to the incident report. No arrests have been made and no charges have been filed.
Police do not think alcohol or reckless driving were factors. Crash reconstruction crews were at the scene closing traffic lanes for about 3 hours.
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them