LA CROSSE, WI - The famous "grandma drummer" shown jamming out on the drums at the Coalition Drum Shop in La Crosse has been identified as an Onalaska woman.
Mary Hvizda said she has played in several bands since she was 16.
"We wonder, 'What's she gonna play this time? She's always got something new up her sleeve," said Dustin Hackworth, manager of the Coalition Drum Shop.
Last weekend, she came into the store and played "Wipe Out" by Surfer Joe. She sat down and played for about 10-15 minutes. Hackworth says the "grandma drummer" draws a crowd every time.
Hackworth says she comes to the store about every two months since it opened about a year and a half ago.
"Every time she comes in, we think, 'Man, we should video tape this' and we finally did," Hackworth said.
And then they posted it on YouTube, showing off this woman's talents to the world.21061512
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water