LA CROSSE, WI - The famous "grandma drummer" shown jamming out on the drums at the Coalition Drum Shop in La Crosse has been identified as an Onalaska woman.
Mary Hvizda said she has played in several bands since she was 16.
"We wonder, 'What's she gonna play this time? She's always got something new up her sleeve," said Dustin Hackworth, manager of the Coalition Drum Shop.
Last weekend, she came into the store and played "Wipe Out" by Surfer Joe. She sat down and played for about 10-15 minutes. Hackworth says the "grandma drummer" draws a crowd every time.
Hackworth says she comes to the store about every two months since it opened about a year and a half ago.
"Every time she comes in, we think, 'Man, we should video tape this' and we finally did," Hackworth said.
And then they posted it on YouTube, showing off this woman's talents to the world.21061512
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police