WEST BEND, Wis. - The Museum of Wisconsin Art is reopening in a new 31,000-square-foot, triangular building along the Milwaukee River in West Bend.
The museum focuses on contemporary and historic art produced by artists living in Wisconsin.
Its grand opening celebration this weekend included free admission from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. It is hosting a family day with live music, storytelling and children's art projects from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
The museum also is having a special exhibit on contemporary glass art that includes 17 nationally- and internationally-known artists based in Wisconsin.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need