MADISON, Wis. - The murder trial of a Janesville man is underway in Rockford.
Kody Walsh faces homicide charges in the September 2012 shooting death of Lori Daniels.
Prosecutors said he killed Daniels while driving on the tollway from Rockford toward Wisconsin.
Police said Walsh fled the scene, but was arrested a week later in Memphis and extradited back to Illinois.
Walsh's attorneys claim another man shot Daniels.
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later