MADISON, Wis. - Police said a man has been booked into Dane County Jail seven months after he was arrested in Mexico on suspicion of killing a Madison teen.
Arain Gutierrez, also known as Ivan Mateo-Lozenzo and believed to be 24 years old, was arrested in Cancun in December, according to the Madison Police Department. On Tuesday, Gutierrez was taken into custody in Madison.
Gutierrez is accused of shooting and killing 19-year-old Antonio Perez, who police said was a rival gang member.
According to the report, Perez was shot outside on the 2100 block of Fordem Avenue in April 2010, at about 9:43 p.m. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
Police had been looking for Gutierrez for nearly three years before he was arrested in late December.
Gutierrez is scheduled to make an initial appearance in Dane County Court on Friday, police said. He's accused of first-degree intentional homicide.
Police said the U.S. Marshals Service and the Dane County District Attorney are assisting in the case.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement