MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Police Department has named an acting assistant chief.
Capt. Sue Williams will take the position Sunday and is the first woman in the department's history to have a chief's title, according to a report in the Wisconsin State Journal.
Williams is being moved into the position as Chief Noble Wray retires from the department after 30 years of service.
Wray will be leaving the department sometime around Oct. 1.
Williams is taking the responsibilities of Randy Gaber, who was named the interim chief.
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal