MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating several thefts that have occurred at Badger Gymnastics on Madison's west side, according to a release.
The most recent theft was reported Sunday around 6:15 p.m. when a young man entered the facility at 6901 Schroeder Rd. and fled with a member's backpack, officials said. The backpack was found outside, but the member's wallet was gone.
Before the backpack was taken, another member told police they saw the man inside the building and asked if he needed help, according to the release. The man said he wanted to become a member.
When the member went to get someone to help the man join the facility, the backpack was taken, officials said.
There have been two other recent thefts at the facility, according to the release Staff are working with police on ways to increase security.
The thief is described as a black male, 16-20 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall with a medium build and short hair. He was wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and white tennis shoes.Madison crime map
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later