MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating several thefts that have occurred at Badger Gymnastics on Madison's west side, according to a release.
The most recent theft was reported Sunday around 6:15 p.m. when a young man entered the facility at 6901 Schroeder Rd. and fled with a member's backpack, officials said. The backpack was found outside, but the member's wallet was gone.
Before the backpack was taken, another member told police they saw the man inside the building and asked if he needed help, according to the release. The man said he wanted to become a member.
When the member went to get someone to help the man join the facility, the backpack was taken, officials said.
There have been two other recent thefts at the facility, according to the release Staff are working with police on ways to increase security.
The thief is described as a black male, 16-20 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall with a medium build and short hair. He was wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and white tennis shoes.Madison crime map
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested