MADISON, Wis. - Madison Police Department officials said an investigation into an October homicide is successfully moving forward.
Lamontez White, 30, was fatally shot by an unknown person in a ground-floor apartment at 2305 Fish Hatchery Road on Oct. 3, according to a release. Several people were at the apartment when he was shot, but no one seems to know who killed White.
Since October, police detectives and officers have spent many hours and days investigating the homicide, officials said.
On Wednesday, detectives organized an intensive daylong operation to re-interview people who were in the apartment at the time of the homicide, authorities said. Approximately 20 detectives and officers participated in the Wednesday investigation, which the department said was a "significant success."
Charges have not been filed, but the investigation remains active, according to the release. Detectives will continue to process and re-process physical evidence and interviews.
Officials ask anyone with information related to White's death to contact the MPD South District at 608-266-5938 or Madison Area Crimestoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend