MADISON, Wis. - Madison Police Department officials said an investigation into an October homicide is successfully moving forward.
Lamontez White, 30, was fatally shot by an unknown person in a ground-floor apartment at 2305 Fish Hatchery Road on Oct. 3, according to a release. Several people were at the apartment when he was shot, but no one seems to know who killed White.
Since October, police detectives and officers have spent many hours and days investigating the homicide, officials said.
On Wednesday, detectives organized an intensive daylong operation to re-interview people who were in the apartment at the time of the homicide, authorities said. Approximately 20 detectives and officers participated in the Wednesday investigation, which the department said was a "significant success."
Charges have not been filed, but the investigation remains active, according to the release. Detectives will continue to process and re-process physical evidence and interviews.
Officials ask anyone with information related to White's death to contact the MPD South District at 608-266-5938 or Madison Area Crimestoppers at 608-266-6014.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns