MADISON, Wis. - A 74-year-old man with memory issues was found Thursday afternoon after going missing Wednesday , police said.
Steven Nelson was found just before 4:30 p.m. in the area of Nakoma Road, officials said. Police said he appeared to be in good health, but was being evaluated by medical staff as a precaution.
Madison police said two officers on mounted patrol found Nelson in brush near a wall separating the Arboretum and Nakoma Road.
Nelsen suffers from memory issues and walked away from his home in the 3600 block of Nakoma Road Wednesday afternoon, police said.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs