MOUNT PLEASANT, Wis. - Mount Pleasant police have made an arrest in the death of a 3-year-old boy.
According to Mount Pleasant Police Chief Tim Zarzecki, police and paramedics received a call at about 10:10 a.m. Friday for an unresponsive child.
Racine County Medical Examiner Mike Payne said 3-year-old Hunter J. Wise was pronounced dead about 20 minutes later at a Racine hospital.
Later that day, police arrested a male on tentative charges of first-degree intentional homicide in connection with the child's death. He's being held at the Racine County Jail pending formal charging by the district attorney's office.
The Journal Times reported Friday afternoon that the 26-year-old boyfriend of the child's mother was the male arrested in connection with the boy's death.
Payne told the Journal Times that medical examiner officials started the boy's autopsy Saturday morning but results likely won't be available until Monday.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK