WEST ALLIS, Wis. - A Mount Horeb teen died after sustaining traumatic head injuries in an accident at the Wisconsin State Fairgrounds, according to a report from the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner.
The report states John Klossner, 19, of Mount Horeb, fell off a moving truck at the fairgrounds on Aug. 3 and died on Monday.
A detective said Klossner was sitting on the bed of the truck with his feet hanging over the edge, and there were four others in the back of the truck. The driver hit the accelerator ejecting Klossner and one other person, according to the detective. Klossner landed on his feet, fell backward and struck his head on the asphalt.
Klossner was receiving rehab on Monday when he became unresponsive and died, according to the report.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday