WEST ALLIS, Wis. - A Mount Horeb teen died after sustaining traumatic head injuries in an accident at the Wisconsin State Fairgrounds, according to a report from the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner.
The report states John Klossner, 19, of Mount Horeb, fell off a moving truck at the fairgrounds on Aug. 3 and died on Monday.
A detective said Klossner was sitting on the bed of the truck with his feet hanging over the edge, and there were four others in the back of the truck. The driver hit the accelerator ejecting Klossner and one other person, according to the detective. Klossner landed on his feet, fell backward and struck his head on the asphalt.
Klossner was receiving rehab on Monday when he became unresponsive and died, according to the report.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls