MADISON, Wis. - A Mount Horeb police officer has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault of a child in Madison.
Madison police said they arrested Dennis P. Jenks, 44, at his home in the 6600 block Raymond Road on Madison's far west side about 9 p.m. Wednesday.
Madison police said Jenks is suspected of repeated acts of sexual assault.
The victim is a 14-year-old child who knows the suspect, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
The Mount Horeb Police Department said in a news release Thursday that Jenks has been suspended from duty because of the Madison Police Department's investigation.
Jenks is a lieutenant in the Mount Horeb Police Department, and he has been employed with the department since 2000.
The Mount Horeb Police Department said it is conducting an internal investigation.
- Chief: Monday 'a horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime