MADISON, Wis. - A Mount Horeb police officer has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault of a child in Madison.
Madison police said they arrested Dennis P. Jenks, 44, at his home in the 6600 block Raymond Road on Madison's far west side about 9 p.m. Wednesday.
Madison police said Jenks is suspected of repeated acts of sexual assault.
The victim is a 14-year-old child who knows the suspect, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
The Mount Horeb Police Department said in a news release Thursday that Jenks has been suspended from duty because of the Madison Police Department's investigation.
Jenks is a lieutenant in the Mount Horeb Police Department, and he has been employed with the department since 2000.
The Mount Horeb Police Department said it is conducting an internal investigation.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes