MADISON, Wis. - Motorists helped police track a suspected hit-and-run driver until police could make an arrest Thursday afternoon.
Madison police said an SUV driven by Patrick M. Dolan, 43, of Sun Prairie, rear-ended a car driven by a 44-year-old Fort Atkinson woman at the intersection of South Stoughton Road and Pflaum Road after 4 p.m.
A witness told police the SUV was weaving onto gravel shoulders. It also stopped in the middle of Buckeye Road for no apparent reason and nearly collided head-on with two approaching vehicles while turning from Buckeye Road onto Sprecher Road, according to the witness.
Police said they pulled Dolan over on Sprecher Road just south of Wyalusing Drive and found him passed out behind the wheel.
Dolan's blood alcohol level was recorded at 0.374 using a breath test more than two hours after leaving the scene of the crash, according to police.
Dolan was arrested on suspicion of hit-and-run operating while intoxicated, following too closely, having open intoxicants in the vehicle and improper registration.19908648
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street