NEW GLARUS, Wis. - A Monroe man was injured in a single motorcycle crash in rural New Glarus on Friday afternoon, officials said.
Green County Sheriff Mark Rohloff said deputies responded to a report of a crash at the intersection of County Road J and Farmers Grove Road at 1:28 p.m.
Rohloff said Bradley R. Butts, 53, was driving a motorcycle north on County J when he failed to negotiate a curve and left the roadway. The bike overturned and Butts was ejected.
Butts suffered head injuries and possibly serious internal injuries, according to the report. Other motorcyclists riding near Butts called for assistance and rendered aid until emergency crews arrived.
Butts was flown by Med Flight to UW Hospital in Madison. The sheriff said Butts' condition was not known Friday evening.
Rohloff said Butts was not wearing a helmet and alcohol is suspected as a factor in the crash.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say