NEW GLARUS, Wis. - A Monroe man was injured in a single motorcycle crash in rural New Glarus on Friday afternoon, officials said.
Green County Sheriff Mark Rohloff said deputies responded to a report of a crash at the intersection of County Road J and Farmers Grove Road at 1:28 p.m.
Rohloff said Bradley R. Butts, 53, was driving a motorcycle north on County J when he failed to negotiate a curve and left the roadway. The bike overturned and Butts was ejected.
Butts suffered head injuries and possibly serious internal injuries, according to the report. Other motorcyclists riding near Butts called for assistance and rendered aid until emergency crews arrived.
Butts was flown by Med Flight to UW Hospital in Madison. The sheriff said Butts' condition was not known Friday evening.
Rohloff said Butts was not wearing a helmet and alcohol is suspected as a factor in the crash.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need