MADISON, Wis. - A motorcyclist was struck head-on by a drunk driver on a Beltline Highway frontage road Wednesday night, according to police.
Police said the vehicle driven by Jon P. Worth, 48, of McFarland was traveling east in the westbound lanes of the frontage road that leads from Seminole Highway to Todd Drive when the 29-year-old man riding a motorcycle was struck after 10 p.m.
The victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Worth was arrested on suspicion of operating while intoxicated causing injury. He was cited on suspicion of driving the wrong way on a divided highway.Madison crime map
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime
- Oakcrest Tavern robbed at gunpoint at closing time, PD says
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park