MADISON, Wis. - A motorcyclist was struck head-on by a drunk driver on a Beltline Highway frontage road Wednesday night, according to police.
Police said the vehicle driven by Jon P. Worth, 48, of McFarland was traveling east in the westbound lanes of the frontage road that leads from Seminole Highway to Todd Drive when the 29-year-old man riding a motorcycle was struck after 10 p.m.
The victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Worth was arrested on suspicion of operating while intoxicated causing injury. He was cited on suspicion of driving the wrong way on a divided highway.Madison crime map
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry