MIDDLETON, Wis. - A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash with a sport utility vehicle Tuesday afternoon.
Dane County sheriff's deputies, along with Middleton Fire Department and EMS, responded just before 4 p.m. to a crash on Mineral Point Road at Pioneer Road in the Town of Middleton.
Authorities discovered that the driver of a motorcycle suffered significant injuries after being thrown from the motorcycle.
Med Flight was requested and the motorcycle driver was transported to the University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison.
Sheriff's officials said the SUV, a Chevy Equinox, was traveling southbound on Pioneer Road and came to a stop at the intersection of Pioneer Road and Mineral Point Road.
The 16-year-old driver of the SUV drove through the intersection and did not see the motorcycle traveling eastbound on Mineral Point Road, according to a Dane County Sheriff's Department news release.
The SUV and the motorcycle collided causing the motorcyclist, Allen C. Gresock, 35, to be ejected from the cycle.
Gresock suffered severe but non-life-threatening injuries and was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, sheriff's officials said.
The SUV's driver was issued a traffic citation for failure to yield right of way, according to the news release.
- No injuries reported in burst of afternoon gunfire in residential neighborhood
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'