MIDDLETON, Wis. - A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a crash with a sport utility vehicle Tuesday afternoon.
Dane County sheriff's deputies, along with Middleton Fire Department and EMS, responded just before 4 p.m. to a crash on Mineral Point Road at Pioneer Road in the Town of Middleton.
Authorities discovered that the driver of a motorcycle suffered significant injuries after being thrown from the motorcycle.
Med Flight was requested and the motorcycle driver was transported to the University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison.
Sheriff's officials said the SUV, a Chevy Equinox, was traveling southbound on Pioneer Road and came to a stop at the intersection of Pioneer Road and Mineral Point Road.
The 16-year-old driver of the SUV drove through the intersection and did not see the motorcycle traveling eastbound on Mineral Point Road, according to a Dane County Sheriff's Department news release.
The SUV and the motorcycle collided causing the motorcyclist, Allen C. Gresock, 35, to be ejected from the cycle.
Gresock suffered severe but non-life-threatening injuries and was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, sheriff's officials said.
The SUV's driver was issued a traffic citation for failure to yield right of way, according to the news release.
- Police: Woman stabbed with scissors in neck by her boyfriend
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles