TOWN OF SPRING GROVE, Wis. - A motorcyclist from Schaumburg, Ill. was injured when his motorcycle was rear-ended, according to a release from the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the W800 block of State Highway 11 in the town of Spring Grove at 10:31 a.m. Thursday for a report of a vehicle versus motorcycle crash.
Investigators said Michael P. Trimarco, 51, was slowing his motorcycle for a semitrailer in front of him when he was struck by a vehicle driven by Samantha Jo Westgard, 22, of Brodhead.
Trimarco was taken to Mercy Hospital in Janesville. He was wearing a helmet and eye protection.
Westgard was cited for following too close.
Both vehicles had to be towed from the scene, deputies said.
- Possible homicide charges for teen driver after man killed in crash
- Man credits Mental Health First Aid for saving co-worker's life
- Adams County woman missing 10 days found safe
- Attorney: Robinson settlement a calculated decision by city's insurer
- Dane County looks into another option for jail renovation
- Attorney says officer 'hung out to dry' in settlement