TOWN OF SPRING GROVE, Wis. - A motorcyclist from Schaumburg, Ill. was injured when his motorcycle was rear-ended, according to a release from the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the W800 block of State Highway 11 in the town of Spring Grove at 10:31 a.m. Thursday for a report of a vehicle versus motorcycle crash.
Investigators said Michael P. Trimarco, 51, was slowing his motorcycle for a semitrailer in front of him when he was struck by a vehicle driven by Samantha Jo Westgard, 22, of Brodhead.
Trimarco was taken to Mercy Hospital in Janesville. He was wearing a helmet and eye protection.
Westgard was cited for following too close.
Both vehicles had to be towed from the scene, deputies said.
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out