MADISON, Wis. - Authorities have identified the man killed in a single-motorcycle crash Wednesday night.
Dareon Cartman, 24, of Middleton, was pronounced dead at the scene where police said he crashed his motorcycle at about 8:40 p.m., according to the Dane County Medical Examiner's office.
According to police, Cartman's motorcycle was traveling eastbound in the 6100 block of University Avenue when he lost control and was thrown from the bike.
Police said it appeared Cartman had struck a street sign.
The medical examiner's report did not indicate if alcohol or drugs were found in Cartman's system, but it said additional testing is underway.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs