MADISON, Wis. - Authorities have identified the man killed in a single-motorcycle crash Wednesday night.
Dareon Cartman, 24, of Middleton, was pronounced dead at the scene where police said he crashed his motorcycle at about 8:40 p.m., according to the Dane County Medical Examiner's office.
According to police, Cartman's motorcycle was traveling eastbound in the 6100 block of University Avenue when he lost control and was thrown from the bike.
Police said it appeared Cartman had struck a street sign.
The medical examiner's report did not indicate if alcohol or drugs were found in Cartman's system, but it said additional testing is underway.
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says