MADISON, Wis. - Authorities have identified the man killed in a single-motorcycle crash Wednesday night.
Dareon Cartman, 24, of Middleton, was pronounced dead at the scene where police said he crashed his motorcycle at about 8:40 p.m., according to the Dane County Medical Examiner's office.
According to police, Cartman's motorcycle was traveling eastbound in the 6100 block of University Avenue when he lost control and was thrown from the bike.
Police said it appeared Cartman had struck a street sign.
The medical examiner's report did not indicate if alcohol or drugs were found in Cartman's system, but it said additional testing is underway.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land