The westbound lanes of Highway 18/151 at Cave of the Mounds Road were closed because of a fatal motorcycle crash on Tuesday, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Highway 18/151 at Cave of the Mounds Road at 11:40 a.m. for a report of a crash involving a car and a motorcycle.
A 60-year-old man from German Valley, Illinois, was driving his Harley-Davidson in the right westbound lane when he merged into a car in the left lane, according to a release. The man was pronounced dead at the scene. He was wearing a helmet.
The driver of the car, Thomas A. Butusov, 24, of Spring Green, was taken to a hospital with minor injuries.
Westbound Highway 18 was shut down at Highway 78 until about 3 p.m. while a crash reconstruction was completed.
Westbound traffic was diverted to Highway 18 to Cave of the Mounds Road, north to County Road ID, west to County Road F and south to Cave of the Mounds Road. Eastbound traffic took the opposite route.
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video