MONONA, Wis. - A motorcycle crash with injuries closed the westbound Beltline early Sunday morning, according to a release.
Around 12:44 a.m. the Madison Police Department, Monona Police Department and Monona Fire Department responded to the westbound Beltline at Monona Drive for a reports of a motorcycle crash with injuries, officials said.
The motorcyclist, Joshua A. Simons, 21, of Waterford, was operating at high speeds, lost control after changing lanes and hit the back of another vehicle, investigators said. Simons was wearing a helmet, but he died as a result of the crash.
The westbound Beltline from Monona Drive to South Towne Drive was closed until just after 4 a.m., police said. Traffic was rerouted onto the Broadway Service Road during the closure.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say