MONONA, Wis. - A motorcycle crash with injuries closed the westbound Beltline early Sunday morning, according to a release.
Around 12:44 a.m. the Madison Police Department, Monona Police Department and Monona Fire Department responded to the westbound Beltline at Monona Drive for a reports of a motorcycle crash with injuries, officials said.
The motorcyclist, Joshua A. Simons, 21, of Waterford, was operating at high speeds, lost control after changing lanes and hit the back of another vehicle, investigators said. Simons was wearing a helmet, but he died as a result of the crash.
The westbound Beltline from Monona Drive to South Towne Drive was closed until just after 4 a.m., police said. Traffic was rerouted onto the Broadway Service Road during the closure.
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12