BLUE MOUNDS, Wis. - The motorcyclist injured in a crash Friday on Highway ID has been identified as Kimberly S. Clark, 31, of Mount Horeb, officials said.
Clark was flown by helicopter to a hospital Friday after her bike was hit by an SUV, officials said.
At approximately 5:22 p.m., police responded to County Highway ID at State Highway 78 in the town of Blue Mounds for a two-vehicle crash, according to a release.
Travis J. Fritch, 20, of Ridgeway, was driving a 2002 Saturn Vue westbound on Highway ID, the sheriff's department said. Fritch attempted to turn south onto Highway 78 directly in front of a 2000 Harley-Davidson motorcycle driven by Clark. Clark was headed east on Highway ID when the Saturn struck her motorcycle.
Clark remains hospitalized with serious injuries but is expected to recover, according to the release.
Citations and/or charges against Fritch are pending.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes