BLUE MOUNDS, Wis. - The motorcyclist injured in a crash Friday on Highway ID has been identified as Kimberly S. Clark, 31, of Mount Horeb, officials said.
Clark was flown by helicopter to a hospital Friday after her bike was hit by an SUV, officials said.
At approximately 5:22 p.m., police responded to County Highway ID at State Highway 78 in the town of Blue Mounds for a two-vehicle crash, according to a release.
Travis J. Fritch, 20, of Ridgeway, was driving a 2002 Saturn Vue westbound on Highway ID, the sheriff's department said. Fritch attempted to turn south onto Highway 78 directly in front of a 2000 Harley-Davidson motorcycle driven by Clark. Clark was headed east on Highway ID when the Saturn struck her motorcycle.
Clark remains hospitalized with serious injuries but is expected to recover, according to the release.
Citations and/or charges against Fritch are pending.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry