TOWN OF SUMPTER, Wis. - A Prairie Du Sac man involved in a motorcycle crash was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital and arrested on suspicion of sixth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Old Bluff Trail in the town of Sumpter at 11:20 a.m. on Thursday for a report of a motorcycle crash with injuries.
Phillip J. Hawley, 56, was traveling north on Old Bluff Trail when he lost control of the motorcycle and crashed into the ditch on the east side of the road, according to investigators.
The Sauk Prairie fire department and ambulance assisted at the crash scene.
Deputies said Hawley was not wearing a helmet.
- No injuries reported in burst of afternoon gunfire in residential neighborhood
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'