TOWN OF SUMPTER, Wis. - A Prairie Du Sac man involved in a motorcycle crash was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital and arrested on suspicion of sixth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Old Bluff Trail in the town of Sumpter at 11:20 a.m. on Thursday for a report of a motorcycle crash with injuries.
Phillip J. Hawley, 56, was traveling north on Old Bluff Trail when he lost control of the motorcycle and crashed into the ditch on the east side of the road, according to investigators.
The Sauk Prairie fire department and ambulance assisted at the crash scene.
Deputies said Hawley was not wearing a helmet.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns