TOWN OF SUMPTER, Wis. - A Prairie Du Sac man involved in a motorcycle crash was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital and arrested on suspicion of sixth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Old Bluff Trail in the town of Sumpter at 11:20 a.m. on Thursday for a report of a motorcycle crash with injuries.
Phillip J. Hawley, 56, was traveling north on Old Bluff Trail when he lost control of the motorcycle and crashed into the ditch on the east side of the road, according to investigators.
The Sauk Prairie fire department and ambulance assisted at the crash scene.
Deputies said Hawley was not wearing a helmet.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire