TOWN OF SUMPTER, Wis. - A Prairie Du Sac man involved in a motorcycle crash was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital and arrested on suspicion of sixth-offense operating while intoxicated, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Old Bluff Trail in the town of Sumpter at 11:20 a.m. on Thursday for a report of a motorcycle crash with injuries.
Phillip J. Hawley, 56, was traveling north on Old Bluff Trail when he lost control of the motorcycle and crashed into the ditch on the east side of the road, according to investigators.
The Sauk Prairie fire department and ambulance assisted at the crash scene.
Deputies said Hawley was not wearing a helmet.
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says