TOWN OF LYONS, Wis. - A motorcycle crash resulted in the death of a town of Lyons man, according to the Walworth County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Josh Tauscher, 25, was attempting to enter Highway 50 eastbound from South Road in the town of Lyons Sunday evening when he struck a pickup truck and trailer. The truck and trailer were also eastbound.
Tauscher's motorcycle hit the truck and ejected him, according to deputies. Tauscher struck the trailer before coming to rest on the road.
Tauscher was taken to Burlington Memorial Hospital before being flown to a Milwaukee area hospital.
He died early Wednesday morning.
Tauscher was not wearing a helmet, according to deputies. He was a volunteer firefighter with the Lyons Fire Department and was an organ donor.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000