TOWN OF LYONS, Wis. - A motorcycle crash resulted in the death of a town of Lyons man, according to the Walworth County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Josh Tauscher, 25, was attempting to enter Highway 50 eastbound from South Road in the town of Lyons Sunday evening when he struck a pickup truck and trailer. The truck and trailer were also eastbound.
Tauscher's motorcycle hit the truck and ejected him, according to deputies. Tauscher struck the trailer before coming to rest on the road.
Tauscher was taken to Burlington Memorial Hospital before being flown to a Milwaukee area hospital.
He died early Wednesday morning.
Tauscher was not wearing a helmet, according to deputies. He was a volunteer firefighter with the Lyons Fire Department and was an organ donor.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend