TOWN OF RICHMOND, Wis. - A Watertown man was critically injured when his motorcycle collided with a car in the town of Richmond on Thursday, according to the Walworth County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said the motorcycle, driven by Jordan R. Vick, 25, was traveling north on Highway 89 north of Lake Lorraine Road and didn't see that a car in front of him had stopped to wait for a vehicle in front of him to make a left turn. Vick went into the other lane to avoid hitting the car but an oncoming vehicle forced him back into his lane where he laid the motorcycle down on its side, according to the report.
The motorcycle rolled, throwing Vick into the car. Deputies said he was not wearing a helmet. He was taken to a Janesville hospital.
The car was driven by Evan M. Welter, 18, of Whitewater.
Highway 78 remained closed for a few hours during the investigation.
Whitewater Fire and Rescue and paramedics from Fort Atkinson assisted at the scene.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program