TOWN OF RICHMOND, Wis. - A Watertown man was critically injured when his motorcycle collided with a car in the town of Richmond on Thursday, according to the Walworth County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said the motorcycle, driven by Jordan R. Vick, 25, was traveling north on Highway 89 north of Lake Lorraine Road and didn't see that a car in front of him had stopped to wait for a vehicle in front of him to make a left turn. Vick went into the other lane to avoid hitting the car but an oncoming vehicle forced him back into his lane where he laid the motorcycle down on its side, according to the report.
The motorcycle rolled, throwing Vick into the car. Deputies said he was not wearing a helmet. He was taken to a Janesville hospital.
The car was driven by Evan M. Welter, 18, of Whitewater.
Highway 78 remained closed for a few hours during the investigation.
Whitewater Fire and Rescue and paramedics from Fort Atkinson assisted at the scene.
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration