MOUNT HOREB, Wis. - A Mount Horeb multiple-unit townhouse was damaged by a fire started by a motorcycle, according to Mount Horeb fire officials.
Firefighters were called to 324 Justin Drive at 5:22 p.m. Wednesday and found heavy smoke when they arrived. The fire was under control by 5:35 p.m., according to fire officials.
A townhouse resident was trying to start his motorcycle in the garage when smoke coming from the motorcycle ignited, according to firefighters. They said garage was in flames by the time the resident had finished calling 911.
Total damage is estimated at $70,000.
Firefighters from Barneveld and Verona assisted.
- Eau Claire TV station owner sues over duo's on-air prank
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Door County trees chomped by invasive bugs
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases