MOUNT HOREB, Wis. - A Mount Horeb multiple-unit townhouse was damaged by a fire started by a motorcycle, according to Mount Horeb fire officials.
Firefighters were called to 324 Justin Drive at 5:22 p.m. Wednesday and found heavy smoke when they arrived. The fire was under control by 5:35 p.m., according to fire officials.
A townhouse resident was trying to start his motorcycle in the garage when smoke coming from the motorcycle ignited, according to firefighters. They said garage was in flames by the time the resident had finished calling 911.
Total damage is estimated at $70,000.
Firefighters from Barneveld and Verona assisted.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say