MOUNT HOREB, Wis. - A Mount Horeb multiple-unit townhouse was damaged by a fire started by a motorcycle, according to Mount Horeb fire officials.
Firefighters were called to 324 Justin Drive at 5:22 p.m. Wednesday and found heavy smoke when they arrived. The fire was under control by 5:35 p.m., according to fire officials.
A townhouse resident was trying to start his motorcycle in the garage when smoke coming from the motorcycle ignited, according to firefighters. They said garage was in flames by the time the resident had finished calling 911.
Total damage is estimated at $70,000.
Firefighters from Barneveld and Verona assisted.
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal