MOUNT HOREB, Wis. - A Mount Horeb multiple-unit townhouse was damaged by a fire started by a motorcycle, according to Mount Horeb fire officials.
Firefighters were called to 324 Justin Drive at 5:22 p.m. Wednesday and found heavy smoke when they arrived. The fire was under control by 5:35 p.m., according to fire officials.
A townhouse resident was trying to start his motorcycle in the garage when smoke coming from the motorcycle ignited, according to firefighters. They said garage was in flames by the time the resident had finished calling 911.
Total damage is estimated at $70,000.
Firefighters from Barneveld and Verona assisted.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police