BLUE MOUNDS, Wis. - A motorcyclist was flown by helicopter to a hospital Friday after his bike was struck by an SUV, officials said.
At approximately 5:22 p.m., Dane County sheriff's deputies along with Blue Mounds police, and fire and EMS crews from Mount Horeb, responded to County Highway ID at State Highway 78 in the town of Blue Mounds for a two-vehicle crash.
The sheriff's department said a 2002 Saturn Vue was traveling westbound on Highway ID and attempted to turn south onto Highway 78 directly in front of a 2000 Harley-Davidson motorcycle. The bike was headed east on Highway ID. The Saturn struck the motorcycle.
The driver of the Harley-Davidson sustained life-threatening injuries and was taken to a local hospital by Med Flight, according to the sheriff's office. The driver of the Saturn was not injured.
The crash remains under investigation by the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs