MADISON, Wis. - Madison Parks will be hosting a Mother-Son Beach Party featuring dancing, games and a tropical beach theme, according to a release.
The beach party will offer activities and events for moms or adult loved ones and their sons to get out of the cold and experience the tropics, organizers said. Warner Park Community Recreation Center will be transformed into a tropical beach where event attendees can dance, play games and spend quality time together.
Mom and son couples will also be able to commemorate the night by getting their picture taken, according to the release. The party will feature a live DJ, and will offer cake and punch.
"The Mother/Son Beach Party is a great way to combat cabin fever," Superintendent of the Madison Parks Division Kevin Briski said in the release. "Madison Parks invites moms and sons to dress up in their beach clothes and join us on the dance floor.
The third annual party is scheduled from 6-8 p.m. on Friday, March 7, at the Warner Park Community Recreation Center, according to the release. Tickets are available over the phone at 608-245-3690 or 608-266-4711. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the recreation center at 1625 Northport Drive or the Parks Administration Office at 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Tickets will be available until Feb. 28 or until the events sell out. They are $15 per couple and $5 for each additional son.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK