SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - The case of a Sheboygan woman accused of killing her baby 55 years ago is heading to trial after an attempt at a plea agreement fell through.
Ruby Klokow is charged with second-degree murder in the 1957 death of her 6-month-old daughter Jeaneen.
Klokow's attorney, Kirk Obear, said they were discussing a possible plea agreement with prosecutors but the 76-year-old rejected it.
Sheboygan County District Attorney Joe DeCecco said he couldn't disclose the deal he offered, but expressed disappointment the case will continue.
The Sheboygan Press reported that a judge set a new trial date for Feb. 18-22 during a hearing Tuesday.
Klokow was charged after her adult son came forward in 2008 with stories of childhood abuse.
She has pleaded not guilty. She's free on $10,000 bond.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing