MADISON, Wis. - A grieving mother is speaking out about her son who died in a Walworth County shooting.
Rebecca Orick's little boy, Eric Gutierrez, died last week.
"I know that the moment I have to close that casket it's going to be the hardest," Orick said. "And I won't be able to see his beautiful chubby face anymore."
Family members say the 11-year-old was playing with a gun with a friend. Orick said people on social media are unfairly attacking her son's best friend.
"People need to learn and understand. You are hurting this boy so much. He has so much already that he is going to have to think about and remember and deal and cope with," Orick said.
Orick is pleading for the negative comments on social media to stop, but is thankful for those who have donated to help pay for her son's funeral, which is set for Thursday in Madison.
- Eau Claire TV station owner sues over duo's on-air prank
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Door County trees chomped by invasive bugs
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases