MADISON, Wis. - The mother of a girl who was allegedly starved and tortured by her father and stepmother is taking issue with website apparently created to help pay for the couple's legal defense.
The website was created by the victim's father, Chad Chritton, and asked visitors to donate to his and stepmother Melinda Drabek-Chritton's legal fund. The pair is accused of starving and abusing Chritton's 15-year-old daughter over a five-year period, including locking her in a basement and making her eat her own feces.
The victim's mother, who isn't being identified to protect the girl's identity, called the website "an attempt by the defense to try and lie their way out of this horrible crime. They have no money and are willing to put (the girl) though more hell by calling her crazy and a liar. They are using her as nothing more than a tool to get out of jail."
The website is registered to Chritton. It encourages people to donate if they care about government intrusion in their lives. It also documents the couple's view of the girl's medical history.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK