MADISON, Wis. - The mother of a girl who was allegedly starved and tortured by her father and stepmother is taking issue with website apparently created to help pay for the couple's legal defense.
The website was created by the victim's father, Chad Chritton, and asked visitors to donate to his and stepmother Melinda Drabek-Chritton's legal fund. The pair is accused of starving and abusing Chritton's 15-year-old daughter over a five-year period, including locking her in a basement and making her eat her own feces.
The victim's mother, who isn't being identified to protect the girl's identity, called the website "an attempt by the defense to try and lie their way out of this horrible crime. They have no money and are willing to put (the girl) though more hell by calling her crazy and a liar. They are using her as nothing more than a tool to get out of jail."
The website is registered to Chritton. It encourages people to donate if they care about government intrusion in their lives. It also documents the couple's view of the girl's medical history.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes