MADISON, Wis. - Most major construction projects on Wisconsin roads will be suspended during the July 4 holiday next week.
But the state Department of Transportation is warning that travelers may still encounter narrow lanes and lane shifts as they travel.
Most construction is slated to be put on hold around noon on Wednesday and resume on July 5, while others may be delayed until Monday, July 8.
Peak travel times are expected to be between noon and 8 p.m. Wednesday, July 4 and on Sunday, July 7.
Last year three people were killed in traffic crashes from between 6 p.m. on July 3 and midnight on July 4.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns