MADISON, Wis. - Most major construction projects on Wisconsin roads will be suspended during the July 4 holiday next week.
But the state Department of Transportation is warning that travelers may still encounter narrow lanes and lane shifts as they travel.
Most construction is slated to be put on hold around noon on Wednesday and resume on July 5, while others may be delayed until Monday, July 8.
Peak travel times are expected to be between noon and 8 p.m. Wednesday, July 4 and on Sunday, July 7.
Last year three people were killed in traffic crashes from between 6 p.m. on July 3 and midnight on July 4.
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?