MADISON, Wis. - Most major construction projects on Wisconsin roads will be suspended during the July 4 holiday next week.
But the state Department of Transportation is warning that travelers may still encounter narrow lanes and lane shifts as they travel.
Most construction is slated to be put on hold around noon on Wednesday and resume on July 5, while others may be delayed until Monday, July 8.
Peak travel times are expected to be between noon and 8 p.m. Wednesday, July 4 and on Sunday, July 7.
Last year three people were killed in traffic crashes from between 6 p.m. on July 3 and midnight on July 4.
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized