MADISON, Wis. - Most major construction projects on Wisconsin roads will be suspended during the July 4 holiday next week.
But the state Department of Transportation is warning that travelers may still encounter narrow lanes and lane shifts as they travel.
Most construction is slated to be put on hold around noon on Wednesday and resume on July 5, while others may be delayed until Monday, July 8.
Peak travel times are expected to be between noon and 8 p.m. Wednesday, July 4 and on Sunday, July 7.
Last year three people were killed in traffic crashes from between 6 p.m. on July 3 and midnight on July 4.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say