WAUSAU, Wis. - A Mosinee man is accused of bigamy after his wife of seven months told police he already was married.
Forty-five-year-old Timothy Swinea is charged with three felonies -- bigamy, bail jumping and making a false statement on a marriage license.
According to the complaint, a 48-year-old Weston woman who married Swinea in August contacted police in December to report that Swinea forged a check from her business. Swinea was on probation for a 2012 theft conviction.
The Wausau Daily Herald reported the woman told police she contacted Swinea's ex-wife, who lives in Missouri, and learned Swinea had never gotten a divorce. Swinea's first wife sent police a marriage certificate that shows she married Swinea in 1992 in St. Louis and never divorced.
Swinea is due in court April 1.
- Madison police make arrest in robbery near Overture Center
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer