WAUSAU, Wis. - A Mosinee man is accused of bigamy after his wife of seven months told police he already was married.
Forty-five-year-old Timothy Swinea is charged with three felonies -- bigamy, bail jumping and making a false statement on a marriage license.
According to the complaint, a 48-year-old Weston woman who married Swinea in August contacted police in December to report that Swinea forged a check from her business. Swinea was on probation for a 2012 theft conviction.
The Wausau Daily Herald reported the woman told police she contacted Swinea's ex-wife, who lives in Missouri, and learned Swinea had never gotten a divorce. Swinea's first wife sent police a marriage certificate that shows she married Swinea in 1992 in St. Louis and never divorced.
Swinea is due in court April 1.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement