JANESVILLE, Wis. - Part of $1.7 million in state grants will be used to expand service on a bus route connecting Janesville, Milton and Whitewater.
The $243,525 allocation will add service on weekdays and Sunday. The bus route started in April 2012.
Another $307,326 will continue funding for a commuter bus service serving Prairie du Chien, Viroqua, Westby, La Crosse and other smaller communities in Crawford and Vernon counties.
The funds come from the federal New Freedom program aimed at improving transportation options for residents with disabilities.
The matching grant program provides 50 percent to 80 percent of project costs, depending on whether the request is for operating or capital expenses.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000