JANESVILLE, Wis. - Part of $1.7 million in state grants will be used to expand service on a bus route connecting Janesville, Milton and Whitewater.
The $243,525 allocation will add service on weekdays and Sunday. The bus route started in April 2012.
Another $307,326 will continue funding for a commuter bus service serving Prairie du Chien, Viroqua, Westby, La Crosse and other smaller communities in Crawford and Vernon counties.
The funds come from the federal New Freedom program aimed at improving transportation options for residents with disabilities.
The matching grant program provides 50 percent to 80 percent of project costs, depending on whether the request is for operating or capital expenses.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two