MADISON, Wis. - Jakiv McReynolds, 18, and a 16-year-old male were arrested for battery Thursday in connection with an attack on an 18-year-old man in June.
According to a report from Madison police, the two are a part of five total arrests made in the case.
The attack happened the night of June 7 near the east transfer point on West Corporate Drive. The victim did not call police immediately, but authorities were notified after a family member called.
The victim told police nearly a half-dozen teens jumped him. According to the report, attackers knocked him to the ground and then kicked and punched him. He was taken to the hospital, but was not seriously injured.
In total, two 16-year-old males, a 15- and a 14-year-old female along with McReynolds have been arrested in connection with the attack according to the report.
Most of the suspects have gang affiliations. Police are not sure if those affiliations are related to the attack or what motivated the attack.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend