MADISON, Wis. - The Monona Terrace will be hosting Moon Over Monona Terrace Saturday from 8-10 p.m. on the Monona Terrace rooftop, according to a release.
The event will feature more than a dozen powerful telescopes set for viewing, provided by members of the Madison Astronomical Society, organizers said. Kids will also be able to enjoy the Kids Fun Zone, which includes games and prizes.
The event starts with moon viewing and moves to other objects as the sky darkens, according to the release. Information and tips to help attendees will be provided.
Family-friendly presentations will go on throughout the evening, organizers said.
According to the release, the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center sponsors the program, as well as a number of free or lost-cost events throughout the year.
Parking will be available in the Monona Terrace parking ramp for $5, organizers said. Concessions will be sold during the event.
The event will be cancelled in the case of cloud cover or rain, organizers said. For cancellation or general information, call 608261-4000 or click here.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two