TOWN OF MONTROSE, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's office has arrested a Monticello man on his fifth charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated after he lost control of his car late Sunday night.
The incident happened just after 9 p.m. Sunday on Wisconsin Highway 69 near County Highway A in the Town of Montrose.
According to the sheriff's department, Trevor Peterson, 43, was driving north on 69 when he lost control of his vehicle and went off the highway. Deputies went to the scene after the crash was reported by a passerby.
Peterson was arrested after field sobriety tests were administered.
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1