ARGYLE, Wis. - A Monroe man died in a single-vehicle crash on Highway G after hitting a bridge Thursday morning, officials said.
Lafayette County sheriff's deputies responded to reports of a car crash with injuries around 9:35 a.m. Thursday on Highway G about 2.5 miles west of Argyle, according to a release.
Brett D. Hutchison, 22, was deceased when crews arrived at the scene, officials said. He was the only occupant of the vehicle.
Investigators said the vehicle was westbound on Highway G just past Apple Grove Church Road when it left the roadway and hit a bridge head-on.
Hutchison was wearing his seat belt, officials said. Speed appears to be a factor in the crash.
Lafayette County deputies said this is the fourth traffic fatality of 2013.Highway G just past Apple Grove Church Road, Argyle
- Lawsuit accuses Milwaukee police officers of illegal stop-and-frisks
- Officials discuss fix to collapsed bridge
- Criminal investigators to look into apartment fire in Green Lake County
- Mexican official threatens to halt U.S. corn imports, worrying local farmers
- Incumbent Evers advances easily in schools race
- Consumer Reports: Genetic testing your health