MADISON, Wis. - The Monona Terrace is back open after $2.5 million worth of renovations closed parts of the downtown facility for the last month.
Crews upgraded bathrooms, installed energy-efficient light fixtures and put in new carpeting.
Executive Director Gregg McManners said the overall changes are an effort to enhance the ambiance of Monona Terrace.
"Convention centers have found that we can't just be a vanilla box where people meet. We have to add more than that and Monona Terrace certainly has many of those qualities that people are looking for," McManners said.
The upgrades can be seen at a reopening celebration from 1-4 p.m. on Sunday.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land