MONONA, Wis. - One of the giants in Wisconsin high school athletics, John Klement, has passed away at the age of 87.
Klement, of Monona had been in hospice for about a week and died Tuesday morning.
Klement was athletic director at Monona Grove from 1955 to 1988 and commissioner of the Badger Conference for almost 40 years. He also created the Monona Grove track invitational in 1960.
- Madison officer who shot at Metro Market killer awarded
- Edgerton man calls for action over medical billing problem
- Coalition calls on city to immediately fund 15-point violence prevention plan
- Sherrif's department investigates sexting scandal involving local high school students
- Impaired driving police operation nets in multiple arrests, 2 guns seized
- Semi hauling trailer filled with beer crashes, closes highway ramp, officials say