MONONA, Wis. - One of the giants in Wisconsin high school athletics, John Klement, has passed away at the age of 87.
Klement, of Monona had been in hospice for about a week and died Tuesday morning.
Klement was athletic director at Monona Grove from 1955 to 1988 and commissioner of the Badger Conference for almost 40 years. He also created the Monona Grove track invitational in 1960.
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan