MONONA, Wis. - One of the giants in Wisconsin high school athletics, John Klement, has passed away at the age of 87.
Klement, of Monona had been in hospice for about a week and died Tuesday morning.
Klement was athletic director at Monona Grove from 1955 to 1988 and commissioner of the Badger Conference for almost 40 years. He also created the Monona Grove track invitational in 1960.
- Parents, child care centers face problems with 4-year-old kindergarten
- Iconic funk drummer Clyde Stubblefield leaves an international legacy
- Stripper sues Cruisin' Chubbys Gentleman's Club
- Teacher uses personal story to educate students on eating disorders
- February will end with near-record high temps, threat of severe thunderstorms
- Influenza cases peaking in Wisconsin