MONONA, Wis. - The Monona Public Library will be hosting a Hungry Caterpillar Garden Tea Party Saturday, May 17.
Attendees are encouraged to dress in their fanciest, finest garden tea party outfit or bug costume for the event.
Children ages 3 and older will enjoy an indoor garden setting sponsored by Funny Faces Family Entertainment, a caterpillar craft, bug game, treats and tea.
A grand prize drawing will be held for a basket of goodies including a copy of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar," by Eric Carle. The fundraiser kicks off a series of celebrations marking the library's 50 years of service to the community through its collections, collaborations and programs.
Tickets for the tea party are $5 per child at the landscaped party tables, and are available at the Monona Public Library.
The tea party is scheduled from 2-3:15 p.m. or from 3:30-4:45 p.m. Adults can play with their children at the crafts and games stations, but during the tea party, adults and children younger than 3 years old will be seated at the Garden Party Observation Deck in the same room. Space is limited to 30 children for each party, and tickets must be purchased in advance.
Funds from the program will support children's programming and services at the Monona Public Library.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement