MONONA, Wis. - Some 104 employees at BD Diagnostic Systems in Monona will be let go at the end of the summer, according to a release from the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
The layoffs were prompted by the decision of company heads to permanently close the facility located at 2801 Industrial Drive in Monona. The company is consolidating into its facility in Maryland.
The layoff process is expected to begin August 31 and will continue into March 2014. supervisors and plant managers will be expected to stay an additional four-eight weeks to decommission the building, according to the release.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online