MONONA, Wis. - Some 104 employees at BD Diagnostic Systems in Monona will be let go at the end of the summer, according to a release from the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
The layoffs were prompted by the decision of company heads to permanently close the facility located at 2801 Industrial Drive in Monona. The company is consolidating into its facility in Maryland.
The layoff process is expected to begin August 31 and will continue into March 2014. supervisors and plant managers will be expected to stay an additional four-eight weeks to decommission the building, according to the release.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth