MONONA, Wis. - Some 104 employees at BD Diagnostic Systems in Monona will be let go at the end of the summer, according to a release from the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
The layoffs were prompted by the decision of company heads to permanently close the facility located at 2801 Industrial Drive in Monona. The company is consolidating into its facility in Maryland.
The layoff process is expected to begin August 31 and will continue into March 2014. supervisors and plant managers will be expected to stay an additional four-eight weeks to decommission the building, according to the release.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need