MONONA, Wis. - Some 104 employees at BD Diagnostic Systems in Monona will be let go at the end of the summer, according to a release from the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
The layoffs were prompted by the decision of company heads to permanently close the facility located at 2801 Industrial Drive in Monona. The company is consolidating into its facility in Maryland.
The layoff process is expected to begin August 31 and will continue into March 2014. supervisors and plant managers will be expected to stay an additional four-eight weeks to decommission the building, according to the release.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire