MADISON, Wis. - Crews will not be picking up garbage or recycling in the city of Madison Monday due to the Labor Day holiday, according to a release.
Residents who have their garbage and recycling picked up on Mondays will have their material collected on Tuesday next week, officials said. All other garbage and recycling pickup will happen on normally scheduled days.
"Because of the double collection on Tuesday, it is important that residents have their material out by 7 a.m. to ensure collection," Madison Recycling Coordinator George Dreckmann said in the release.
Because of the holiday, the street's division's large-item pick-up service may run a day late.
The city of Madison drop-off sites will be open Saturday and Sunday, but will not be open on Monday, according to the release.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK